by Laura Thieme
I will be speaking at SMX East New York, September 13-14, 2011 on two topics:
1) Tuesday, September 13, 2011, 1:45 – 3:00 pm – In-house PPC Pitfalls: Vendors, Data, Communication – I will be talking on the top ten mistakes made in Google Adwords by in-house marketing managers and agencies. Tuesday afternoon session. Moderated by Jessica Bowman.
2) Wednesday, September 14, 2011, 2:45 – 3:30 pm -Ecommerce & Retail Search Marketing Tactics – I will be talking about a few immediate tasks you can do for integrated search marketing efforts that could help with holiday season and end of year preparation.
Here are a couple of tips that I’ll be discussing in the sessions above.
1) PPC Tactics – what are the top ten mistakes made? I help in-house marketing managers and business owners understand what are the most common Google Adwords mistakes made even by the most experienced search marketers?
- Campaign settings – I’ll go into detail on which campaign settings to check
- Match types – you’ve probably heard this before, but even my most experienced clients get new people on-board and forget to audit this – there are now four match types, and I’m not including negative matches. That’s another common mistake I’ll talk about.
- Conversion tracking – such a common mistake; not that’s it’s getting missed, but that it’s set up improperly. I’ll give examples of this, and show how to audit and fix.
- Daypart, geotargeting settings – how to audit and fix
- Importance of 13-month trend analysis – for better decision making processes.
2) Integrated PPC / SEO Tactics – Need quick hits for holiday prep and end-of-year expectations? Learn:
- Proven SEO tactics and workarounds for metadata (remember KEYWORDS DO NOT GET READ or COUNTED as IMPORTANT BY GOOGLE)
- On-site tactics that work
- Fast ways to get newly optimized content indexed, and it has NOTHING to do with your sitemap submission at Google Webmaster.
- Other nifty things to do with Google Webmaster.
- Fast ways to get PPC cost of acquisition down, conversion rates up.
If you haven’t already registered for SMX East, please do so here. If you haven’t attended Danny Sullivan’s conferences in a long time, you need to get up to speed. You will wonder why you’ve been away so long, or how you survived search without his conference series. I’ve been speaking at Danny & Chris’ conferences since 2001. Ten years of conferences, over 35 of them. Come prepared with your laptop or iPad and the ability to post your updates through G+, or Twitter. It’s a great experience.